Monday, August 8, 2011

School

I'm finally finished with my community college stuff so now I'm in the process of applying to some universities. I'm most likely going to apply to the University of Iowa's distance education program - go Hawkeyes!. I feel that it's the smartest decision so if Nate does get out and we do move to Iowa I wont have to transfer anything, I can just continue my education there. If he doesn't get out (which i think is the most likely outcome) then at least its a distance education program so it doesn't matter where we are.

We started home-school back up today and it was rocky. G is clearly not in school-mode yet (I'm not sure I'm in teaching mode yet). It's going to take a lot of adjusting. He also starts football tonight and I get to take him by myself for two straight hours. Apparently all he will be doing tonight, and the rest of the week, is conditioning. Once this week is finished he will get to put on pads. I'm so nervous but so excited at the same time!

I've become addicted to this site called pinterest. I love it and everyone should get one. I have found so many different ideas for so many different things. Recipes, weddings, parties, deployment care packages, HOME-SCHOOL!, crafts, organization. You name it pinterest has it. If you dont' have one and want one message me your email and I'll invite you.

Nate is getting ready to finishing training, thank goodness, right!? well wrong he leaves for a few weeks next week for even more training. Ah i love him and I'm so proud of him but I'm sure going to miss him. After he gets back though we only have a few weeks until we head to Iowa for pre-deployment leave and then Texas for Nicole's wedding! I cannot wait to get to Iowa and see our Iowa family. They are the greatest! I'm excited for Texas too just because I can't wait to see my Granddaddy. :)

I have some important things going on this week and I am so ready to tell everyone about what's going on, but I guess all in due time.

Here are a few of my pinterest projects I've completed or in the process of completing.

I'm hoping to find plastic inserts so that he can just check the items off with a dry erase marker.


This is a temporary one because I just don't like the way it came out. But G will need to come back to our room later if this sign is up. The other side says "yes we can play"


Mind Jar. When he's distracted or can't think he shakes it up and watches the glitter settle when it's done it's time to get back to work


My book wreath. This is far from being finished but this is an idea of what it will be. The entire wreath will be covered in book paper roses.







1 comment:

  1. I'm praying things go the way you want them to, and for the first school week with G goes well. I hope everything turns out how you want :)

    ReplyDelete