Thursday, February 24, 2011

Holy Moly

So clearly time has gotten away from me! Nate got home about two weeks after my last blog was posted and ever since then I've been MIA because things have gotten so busy!

Since October 30th so much has gone on. Nate got home, we spent Thanksgiving together, then we had the VMU-1 dining in. That was SOOO much fun this year. Probably one of the funnest - more fun? - balls we've been to in our 5 1/2 years together. After the ball Nate surprised me with a trip to Cancun Mexico at this amazing private adult only resort. He is so good to me he reserved a roof-top room with our own pool and everything. How did I get so lucky to have such an amazing husband!?! After Mexico we went to Iowa for about 10 or so days to spend time with our Iowa family. I really got lucky with awesome in-laws too... I think from now I'm going to start calling them my in-loves, what do you think? They're amazing. Christmas was great, New Years was great and now that we're finally in our routine we're about to mix it up again.

That's right, Nate is already leaving again; thankfully for only 2 months, but it still feels like he just got back! We'll make-do, we always have. This training is going to be good though it's going to help his career in so many different ways especially for promotion.

Home school is going great. We have our moments where Grayson and I want to literally fight (haha) and then there are times when we can get finished with the whole school day in just 3 hours or less because he's so focused. I'm taking classes too and I think this may be the most challenging semester yet. Oh well, I keep reminding myself I'm only one class away from my associates and while I should already have my bachelors I'm proud of my self anyway. While homeschooling and dealing with Nate leaving again and going to school myself I'm having to prepare Grayson for California State testing. This will be interesting since we do home school, but I know he can do it. He's so smart.

The Walleks have moved back to Pendleton, but we still talk every day. Cassie is great, she's like my little sister. I'm not sure what I would do if we weren't in each others lives anymore. We've also made an awesome new friend, Christie, she's pretty kick ass. I'm so thankful for new friends they keep me sane - well as sane as I can be ;-) - while Nate is away.

My parents flew into Vegas this past weekend with my niece. We had so much fun and Grayson loved it. We did so much. We were also able to see The Lion King on stage; something G's been hoping to do for so long. I'm so glad I was able to see my parents and niece. Thankful I'll get to see them in April too. I miss my family so much. Well that's the update in a nutshell I know there is so much more that I forgot to mention but I really will start blogging again more often. I forgot out big of a stress reliever it is.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7


**disclaimer I guess I should mention that Christie came into Cassie and my life thanks to Marc Cox. He happens to be my very older- much much older brother thanks to the Marine Corps family. ((Happy Marc??))

No comments:

Post a Comment