Sunday, February 27, 2011

nutshell

I can't believe Nate's been home for just over 3 months and soon he's going to be leaving again. Thankfully not to a war zone just yet, but he's still leaving. It's crazy to think we're going on 6 years of knowing each other or dating or wahtever you want to call it and we've only physically been together for a total of 2 1/2 years or so. The entire time he was out in Hawaii for those 2 1/2 years we only spent a total of 4 months together when time was all added up. I'd say we've beaten the odds for sure. We've yet to have a full year together; no separations, nothing. So many people I know in this life style have at least been rewarded that. Maybe one day - once he retires. ::sigh:: such is life I love him so I wouldn't trade it anyway.

Yesterday was such a good day! Nate, G, and I went down the hill for shopping and family time. I was going to buy a Motorola Xoom, but now I'm actually thinking of waiting for the iPad 2 incase it does have a camera on it. The Xoom won't allow me to view my Netflix, but the iPad has an ap. So if Apple gets a webcam, I guess it's an iPad for me. We finally bought a keurig; I love it! It makes cold drinks and 2 different sizes. Now we wont have left over coffee in the mornings. Anyone have any recommendations on k-cup flavors?

We also went over to the Mercer's for fight night. I'm so glad the boys got to get together and play. We always have a good time when we hang out I'm not sure why we don't do it more often. It's crazy that Jill and I have known each other almost as long as Nate and I have. We should work on our friendship more; she's great!

Grayson had baseball evaluations today, poor guy ended up being paired with a kid 4 times smaller than him so Grayson was afraid to throw the ball in fear of literally hurting the kid. Thankfully G redeemed himself when he got up to bat. He's the only kid that actually hit the ball.

Nate has duty so I've been vegging out all day long. I've done a little bit of homework, but I've mostly been searching for an evening gown now that we have a dining in this summer. If I get it now I can probably save money before Prom season starts up. Otherwise, I'll be waiting last minute for after prom sales. I need to find something cheap though bc I'm buying a bridesmaid dress (or two) this year. I definitely don't need multiple floor length gowns in one year that all cost 150!

Not much going on this week just the usual homeschooling and college work. Having game night at our house on Friday with Marc and Christie and hopefully the Walleks! **Cough Cough Cassie** then a tattoo party on Saturday at the Davis' house. No I'm not getting a tattoo though I have a feeling they're going to try to pressure me haha.


I am going to start volunteering with the unit more, since Nate is going to be here for another 2 years at least I should be more involved. I know there are meetings coming up so I better make sure my calendar is marked!

5 weeks until Texas! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment