Monday, June 7, 2010

blogger withdraws

Had a little bit of blogging withdraws the past few days not going to lie. Since Wednesday of last week I’ve been running around like a mad woman. I had time to write a short blog via Droid, but that was it - obviously. My trip home was too quick and I can’t wait to get back there. It was so strange not having Nate with us, he’s become such a part of my Texas family as anyone. I just can’t wait until Christmas time when he’s with us there again!

Thursday was a pretty long day. Grayson and I made it to Ontario Intl. Airport (in CALIFORNIA) with time to spare - go us! We had a layover in Salt Lake City, but only about 30 minutes worth. That was great with a 6 year old traveling with me! We finally made it to Texas about 1115 in the evening. It felt so great being back. HOT and HUMID as ever though. It can be 10:00 at night and still be 95 degrees in Texas. That’s probably the only good thing about the desert, it cools off at night. Mom, Dad, and Ben picked us up at the airport and we headed to Steak - n - Shake to grab a quick bite to eat. It wasn’t Bueno, but it was delicious.

Friday morning Grayson and I got up to run a few errands; Denton hasn’t changed much but at least the Loop is fixed! Met up with Sarah and Brandon for lunch at Chili’s (love that place). Brandon is fixing my stupid computer for me. I really appreciate that! After lunch Gray and I had to head home to get ready for Ben’s graduation. It was great. He did very well on his speech, it was his first time ever public speaking and he spoke to thousands of people. Have I mentioned how proud he makes me. I love my little baby…er…. not so baby brother. The USCGA is so lucky to have him! We did the normal family picture thing after graduation then I met up with Chuck and Nicole for Pouya’s visitation. He looked so peaceful, but I still haven’t figured out why he was the one that had to go. He had such a full great life ahead of him. He was a great person, but I’m sure he’s looking down on everyone of his family members and friends protecting everyone. Chuck and I then went to Ben’s grad party - pretty full house. It was nice seeing the whole family and visiting with everyone.



Saturday was Pouya’s funeral, he was loved by so many people. The place was full of memories, sadness, and happiness for the life he did get to have. 25 years of pure joy, he could light up any room he ever walked into. Rest in Peace, Pouya. I ran into so many old friends and I hate that it takes something like this to see people again. That needs to change.

After the funeral, Chuck’s little one had a birthday party; the big 1! He’s so stinkin’ cute I wish I could see him more often! He’s spoiled too that little stinker. Oh well he’s worth it ;-).



We got home yesterday but not before meltdowns from Grayson. He was so grumpy the first leg of the flight I almost just left him at the DFW Airport! He fell asleep on the plane and woke up more refreshed! Thank you Jesus! While we stopped in Salt Lake City he decided it was a good idea to pull his tooth out 3 mintues before we boarded the plane - way to go Gray! Once we got on the plane the Captain and two flight attendants asked him if he wanted to sit in the cockpi, he was soooo happy about it. Lucky little kid I tell ya! Turns out the Captain was a Marine (Gray had a MC shirt on). They really took care of Grayson after that. We finally made it back to 29 Palms and all Gray and I did was take a nap and talk to Nate. It’s funny how quick trips ware you out more then long drawn out trips. I’m going to start my INSANITY program up again today and take it back with me to Texas and hopefully have some time to do it there too. I felt so strange not working out for the last few days, but today I just want to be lazy; I can’t be, but that doesn’t change the fact I want to be. Haha.





I’ll be cleaning more today, going through stuff to pack, and then Cassie and I load up the car on Thursday and we head out EARLY Friday morning. We have Texas on our mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment