Friday, October 15, 2010

I dont want to go back

I've been in Iowa since last Sunday. Grayson and I flew out here due to some very unfortunate things. Grayson's Great Grandpa (Nate's Grandpa) passed away last Saturday. The whole family was/is just crushed. He was such an AMAZING, generous, kind and caring man. I mean, he welcomed me into his family (and Grayson) and had it no other way. Grayson was his great grandson! He was my family too! I miss him, the impact he had on Nate and my life in just the last 4 or 5 years that I've known him is tremendous. I know that it was time for him to go though, he was sick and Grandma was calling him home. They're together now and that is the most important thing of all.

The service was yesterday and it was absolutely beautiful. Memories were shared, goodbyes were given, as well has one final "happy birthday". It's amazing how the circle of life works. Grandpa was buried the same day he was born, just 88 years later. He lived a good life, had a wonderful loving wife and three amazing children to keep his (and Grandma's) legacy going. Love you Grandpa!

Nate wasn't able to make it home, but we have tried keeping him involved as much as possible. I'm just glad Grayson and I were able to be here in his place for him and the family. I know that has helped him while he's over there. I'm also so glad they were able to talk one last time on the computer last Monday. Even if Grandpa wasn't responding to him, I know he could hear Nate; he even mustered up the strength to say he loved him one last time. Gosh, I'm so glad Nate got to hear that. I'm so glad Grandpa got to hear Nathan too!

I'm here until Monday then Grayson and I will head back that evening. Even though I'm here for a not very pleasant reason, I don't really want to leave. I'm so comfortable up here, I love this family so much. Maybe if Nate deploys again and stays in I'll move up here during deployment until we move to our next place :) Just a thought... who knows, it could happen.

Grayson and I have so much fun up here, I love that they aren't just Nate's family anymore, they are MY family, OUR family too.

Nate will be home VERY soon and then we'll be back up here for Christmas so I have two countdowns going now! Both will be here before we even know it!

Tomorrow we're going to my Dad in Law's work for a pumpkin festival and then not sure after that probably just take it one thing at a time. OH! I think we'll be definitely watching the Iowa game haha.

Well that's all for now. I'll try to blog again from here, but if not I'll blog when I get settled back in in California.

Crap... I just remembered I'll have to learn 2 days worth of Algebra and I have a bio test... Need to get on that tomorrow or Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment