Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Soul Mate

I never believed in soul mates, I was one of those persons that always thought there could be more than one possible "the one" out there. I mean 6 billion people and only one is meant for you. Now, I see how possible that is. He's my soul mate, he's my best friend, we're not two people, we're one person and while we're apart we're just broken. I'm pretty sure we make people sick and we probably get a lot of eye rolling too, but we're just that in love. I've made myself so busy this deployment that it really does seem like he just left, but the entire deployment I've felt so empty and I'm ready to be whole again. We're in the lasts weeks of it and it's the hardest because it's the home stretch. Days go by slower, nights get harder because you realize how close you are to having him in your bed next to you again.

We're coming up on 5 years together, well 5 years since we first met and looking back on our time together it's been a crazy ride. So many of my friends in the military circle have been with their spouses just as long and longer, but their relationships are so different. They've been able to spend a couple of years together between deployments and training, Nate and I have never gotten that opportunity and I keep wondering when we'll get it. In the 5 years we've known each other we've been together in the same place for right at 2 of those years; TOTAL! It's amazing to me that all this time apart we're still so in love and so perfect for each other. These 5 years prove to me that we already beat the odds.

I love him so much, God really blessed me with an amazing 'other half', best friend, and husband. He's a wonderful father to Grayson; I really lucked out.

As this deployment ends we're closing a chapter of our lives just to get ready for a new one. Nate's already mentioned several training missions within a few months of him getting home - ah the life of being married to a Marine. See! Waiting a little longer to get that full year together :-) Maybe when he retires, right? Then they already have a tentative deployment for next year, can you believe it? Not even home yet and he's already been informed of another deployment. Things like this make me laugh at wives/girlfriends, etc who complain about their husbands being gone for a few weeks or days, but then I remember, they don't know what it's like that's all they know so if they're used to having their husband around them all the time a weekend away or a few weeks away does suck for them. I feel their pain.

Anyway, now I'm babbling. I just wanted to point out Nathan is the reason I know God exists, Nathan is the reason why I believe in a soul mate. Nathan is my best friend. I love you handsome.

No comments:

Post a Comment