Friday, October 8, 2010

shop til you drop

Today was a pretty good day, I bought our tickets to go home for Christmas! Yes, I call Iowa my home, i love it there, it helps to have amazing In-laws. I can't believe we only spent $598.00 for two round trip tickets and a one-way to fly on Christmas Eve and back a day after new year's day! Pretty amazing, right!?

I went to Michael's craft store to get a few things and got all the way back to the house to find out two of them are chipped and broken, so its back down the hill I go, most likely tomorrow just to get it done with.

I went winter clothes shopping for Grayson and came out ahead again! He got 3 long PJ pants with 3 PJ shirts, 3 pairs of pants, a tabogan aka stocking cap, and 8 long sleeve shirts for only $114.00. He also got two new pairs of shoes for 20 bucks! I got some long sleeve shirts too and total spent under 200 for the both of us; AMAZING!!!

I decided to take G to see a movie since he was so great today. I strongly recommend the movie 'Secretariat'. Gray loved it and the whole theater was cheering at the end.

I really wish I could be in Iowa right now, Nate's grandpa isn't doing as well as we hoped and I just feel like I should be there to help. I love his family so much but all I can do is pray right now, maybe y'all all can pray for them too. The power of prayer really does work!

Nate will be home soon, I can't say when but we're down to low single digit paychecks :-). Life will be so much better when he's back. He's our rock.

Tomorrow at some point I need to figure out what is wrong with my light in the living room. Two lights are out and im pretty sure it's the circuit because not a single light bulb us working. I also am going to brave the ladder and trim the tree by our flag pole because the Marine Corps flag keeps getting caught in it and I think its already starting to fray.

I love you handsome so much!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.2

No comments:

Post a Comment