Saturday, September 18, 2010

Iowa

I think I've about decided that I want to move to Iowa if and when Nate gets out. Maybe not forever, because I'm a Texas girl, but I am not quite sure I'm ready to move and start the rest of our lives in Texas. I want to live a few more places before we do that. And if not a few, at least one more place after this. I realize how crazy this sounds, but if you had in-laws like me you'd understand completely. I mean, look at the man they raised? My husband? who wouldn't want to live close to them? We'd live there for at least 4 years so Nate could go to school (and maybe me too). Of course this all depends on what he decides to do with his Marine Corps career. by the time he gets home he'll have less than two years to decide. SO crazy to think about how regardless, in two years or less, we'll be moving. I'm ready to move, but I'm not. This is our home, we got married here, we bought a house here, we started our lives here. The only way it would make it not so dramatic is if we got orders to Hawaii - that's our true home. Even though we were never married and never lived together out there, that is where all our amazing memories are.

Grayson and I had a pretty eventful day, we went and got the oil changed, we went to Wal Mart and got paint for homecoming signs along with a few other things, then some soccer cleats, then I surprised him with a trip to the movies to see Romona and Beazus - very cute funny movie! We came home cleaned the house, he actually cleaned the bathroom all by his self. He's growing up. We watched the Texas Tech v Texas game and for a while it looked pretty good, but oh well there is always next year. We watched some of the Arizona - Iowa game they weren't doing to well, but they have seemed to have woken up so we'll see we still have a whole other quarter to go. I haven't watched football alone in a long time, definitely a little lonesome. Oh well, just under two months to go, it'll be here before we know it.

I'm not sure who is more excited, me, Grayson, or Nate. I think Nate, really he is so ready to be home it's a great feeling. To know how much your other half desires to be with you every chance he can get and when he can't he just longs for it. Gosh he's great. Grayson talks about homecoming all day every day. "Mommy, it's almost October, it's almost November then Daddy will be home" No exaggeration, he can't wait and it's almost a little obsessive.

My list has been made, but it's definitely not complete, I still have so much to do I'm not sure when the last check off will happen, probably right before the buses arrive on Homecoming Day.

Tomorrow is Biology day and I should probably work on algebra some, I understand it but not entirely. Exam on Thursday so I need to get my butt in gear.

Miss you Nathan one day closer, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment