Sunday, August 22, 2010

Sunday Funday and Insanity

Saturday was pretty tame, I did a little homework and Grayson played around the house some. I did tell him that if he could recite the continents and oceans that I'd take him to see 'The Last Airbender' on base; I figured it was a good incentive because the day before he was really struggling with them. I knew he could do it because he is so smart, I think he was just really worn out. and... of course he nailed them all. Maybe giving him incentives to look forward to will help him this year during home school; I hope anyway.

Today I got up and watched a little TV and then went straight to work on my algebra, I'm bound and determined to pass this class even if that means I have to eat sleep and dream algebra. Grayson did pretty well while I studied, not going to lie I totally used the TV as a babysitter, but I guess that is ok every once in a while, especially while Dad is gone...right? :-/

Today was also a very good friend of ours birthday. His wife is out of town so she asked the Mahlers and me to go over and spend some time with him and bring him a cake and some pizza. They're like family to me, so why wouldn't I do it! Wait, they aren't 'like' family, they ARE family. They have done so much for me while Nate's been gone it was the LEAST I could do. When we should up, Luke was so shocked, but we could all tell he was very happy to be in the presence of Greatness...er... I mean friends since his wife and son are in Texas right now.

Speaking of which, I can't believe Cassie and Colton are leaving me soon. November is going to be so bitter sweet for me, they're leaving and Nate is coming home. I'll be crying tears of joy and sadness. They'll be life long friends though, I just know it and when Nate is out of the Marine Corps the Walleks and Marples will live so close to each other all will be well again anyway!

We got home tonight and I got Gray in bed right away and I watched some Big Brother and then did more Insanity. I've decided that I'm going to modify Insanity and I'm sure I'll only be cheating myself in the long run but with me being in school and homeschooling Grayson and wanting to workout twice a day doing a 45 minute workout (or longer) at 930 at night just isn't going to cut it so I'm going to do half insanity in the morning and half at night. UNLESS... the disc is a straight through workout some are with no rests and some are intervals. I'll at least do that for a week and see how I feel about it and if I don't feel like I'm getting the same workout I'll go back to doing 30 Day shred in the morning and Insanity at night.

I have already noticed a difference by just doing the program (and Shred) for 6 days so if I can just maintain this maybe I will be in decent shape come homecoming. (sometimes I just wish that I wasn't gone all summer because my body would really be banging by now!

**Election Day - 72 days! Followed by the love of my life's homecoming sometime after that! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment