Sunday, May 30, 2010

Addicted

I’ve become quite addicted to this blogging thing. I think it’s because I now know Nate has access every now and then and I know how much it helps him get through this deployment. He’s only been able to read it for a few days and it’s already helping him!

Cassie came over today with her to boys. Luke fixed my house while her and I planned our trip. I can’t believe we’re leaving next week. I’m so excited, summer has finally kicked off! Grayson and I head to Texas on Thursday until Sunday for my brother’s graduation and my little cousin’s 1st birthday. I’ve missed my family so much, but the new wonderful friends I’ve made out here have really helped fill that void.

When we first moved out here I was so gung-ho about everything. I thought I had found a great friend; someone who hated drama just as much as I did. That friendship actually lasted a while, I thought it was going to be for life. Sure in the back of my mind I thought it was odd that everyone she got close to she kicked out of her life, but our friendship was different. That same year I met Cassandra via Myspace because her husband was looking at getting stationed out here. Unfortunately once they moved out here, Nate deployed and I moved to Texas for a few months. When I got back things were decent, my other “friend” and I still spent a lot of time together and Cassandra and I talked a bit but never had the opportunity to hang out.

Unfortunately a mutual friend of ours went through something very tragic and I had no idea Cassie knew her and from then our friendship only grew bigger. I hate that something so tragic brought us together, but the Walleks are in our life now, and they will be forever. That other “friend” is no longer in my life, for someone not liking drama she sure brought on a lot of it. I can honestly say my life has been better and less dramatic without her involved.

Anyway, I’m so grateful for the friendship I’ve made and once Nate gets out (if he gets out) I can’t wait to move to the Hill Country area of Texas so Colton and Grayson can grow up together. Even if they 4 years apart. God has blessed me with some great friends.

The Walleks aren't the only ones I've come close to, Kirsten and her two guys are so wonderful too. Actually, Kirsten and I first met on Myspace as well. I guess there is something to be said about social networking sites. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment