Friday, May 28, 2010

Sex, Shopping, and INSANITY

This morning I woke up fairly rested, but on the wrong side of the bed. I am not sure what it was exactly, but I did not want to be bothered. Maybe the fact that everything on Facebook seemed to be very political this morning and a lot of it dealt with military politics and that for some reason got my feathers ruffled. Oh, well I decided to put it behind me and not talk about it - online (I know shocker!)

I dropped Grayson off at school this morning, and this time I actually let him walk from the park all the way to school, alone, without me! Don’t worry though, I totally watched him he just doesn’t know that. Then I went and took 3 big packages to Nate since I hadn’t sent him anything in nearly a month! Yup I’m a horrible wife :-P. 30 some odd dollars later I left the mail drop off and headed to Cassie’s house… again. Not sure what we’re going to do without each other come the winter (insert sad face here).

I finally introduced her to Home Goods and let’s just say she hates me now, but in a good way because the stuff in that store is AMAZING. I bought some very cute words of inspiration to go up in Grayson’s play room since that’s the room we’re going to turn into a classroom this fall and a couple other knick knacks for the house - hey I gotta make this house a home right!?

After recovering from a Home Goods hangover we headed to the movies to see the new Sex and the City 2. It was pretty great; started off slow, but well worth the 2 ½ hours! This one really made me appreciate my marriage with Nate, even though we spend a lot of our time away from each other. He’s worth it, our marriage is worth it!

Thanks to the amazing fashion in SATC2 Cassandra and I got the shopping bug yet again, but this time we played the conservative side! I bought two pairs of sandals and a way cute dress (yup another one!). Most likely I’ll end up wearing this one to my brothers graduation instead. Have I mentioned how dangerous Cassie and I are when we shop together?

All in all it was a pretty good day - long, but good! I made it home with great deals, and a 6 year old little boy. :-) A cute one too! Today was his last day at the CDC since we’ll be leaving for Texas soon and soon he’ll be going to SD’s house, but right now I don’t want to talk about it because I’ll just cry.

Once we got home I received a wonderful surprise from my husband; he was able to get on Yahoo! Messenger and now he’s able to read these blogs!!! We chatted for a while until he had to get going and I told him I was going to start Day 2 of the INSANITY DVD. YIKES!

Sooo…..

INSANITY Day 2 - Surprisingly I wasn’t sore this morning like I thought I would be, a little bit but not anything I couldn’t handle that’s for sure! I pop in the DVD and what do I see? Yet another disclaimer about consulting with a doctor before starting the workout. Seriously are they that determined to scare people away? Anyway, I turn it on for the ploymetric cardio circuit work out. Piece of cake - or so I thought. Apparently the first 10 or so minutes is just a warm-up. That was the hardest warm up I’ve every done! Followed by a 6 minute stretch and then right into the actual work out. Oye Vye!! I promised myself I wouldn’t give up and I got about 10 minutes into it and pretty much almost died because my calves gave out. Seriously I’m not even out of shape, but this workout isn’t lying when they say it is the hardest thing you’ll ever do. I suppose 10 minutes of hardcore warm up and 10 minutes of hard core cardio plyos is a decent workout. I’m going to do the rest tonight though. I mean that - there is only less than 15 minutes to go on it. I CAN do it, I CAN, I CAN, I CAN, I CAN!!!!

I’m going to curl up on the couch now and let my calves rest, have a good night y’all. I love you NJM - with all my heart ♥♥

1 comment: