So I'm watching all the news regarding the ridiculous oil spill. We've been letting 2.5 million gallons a day spill into the Gulf of Mexico, much of which is clearly killing precious sea creatures and an ungodly amount of tar is coming up on the shores of Texas and Louisiana. How is this safe? Why isn't the government doing more to intervene?
Seems like about 5 or 6 years ago when Hurricane Katrina hit Louisiana George W. Bush got a lot of flak for not coming to aide quick enough. (if memory serves correctly people of Louisiana were warned to "Get Out Now"). Not sure how the President of the United States of America could be at fault for a Natural Disaster. Anyway... Why isn't Barack H. Obama doing anything to try and help? I understand; like most people should, this isn't his fault either, it falls all on BP, but all in all it's ruining our waters, our land, our animals.
Now before I go any further I believe in offshore drilling, I think when properly maintained it will be great for our economy and our country, but when something like this happens we need to step it up and take care of it.
Wrapping this up because I will say I'm not 100% educated on this situation... I do have one question; Kanye West claimed George W. Bush hated black people because he didn't come to Louisiana during Katrina... What does he have to say about Barack Obama now that he's not really coming to the aide of the Louisiana shores and Texas shores? Does he hate black people and Texans?
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i cant tell you how much i LOVE THIS POST! amen sister!
ReplyDelete