I credit my dad with my taste in music. I love good old classic rock music. I can remember driving anywhere listening to the radio and my dad always knew the name of the band, the year the song came out and even the album cover. My dad is a genius; not many people can retain the information he retains. I swear he knows EVERYTHING and that's no exaggeration, actually I'm probably being modest about it. :) I love my dad. He still calls me with random information from time to time and it never gets old. I love it when he does that!
Anyway, I woke up this morning and Grayson had folded the laundry - it was a little messy but he's 6, he had given Dallas food and water, made his bed and had already eaten breakfast. I guess he's not such a bad kid after all :). Last night I asked him if he thought he could fold it in the morning without my help and sure enough he did, he even put the clothes from the "wetter" (his word for washer) into the dryer and folded those once I got up! I guess he's just a normal 6 year old boy and I'll always have my moments where I want to pull my hair out because he's being a brat, but he really is a sweet gentle down to earth kid. I love him so much.
I can't believe he's going to have to leave me for 7 weeks in the summer, he leaves in 2 1/2 weeks actually. It's going to be so weird, my entire adult life I've always had someone to take care of, for nearly seven years I've been taking care of him; no one else, not even SD knows what it's really like to raise Grayson. And, these last two years when he's had to go (yes this is only the 3rd time he's been to his SDs house for this amount of time) Nate has been home. So this year, no Grayson, no Nate, I'll be all alone. I know many people who would jump at this chance to be free, but I'm having to find ways to fill up my time because I'm too sad about it. I am thankful that I'll be in Texas all of June, I'm trying to make it to Hawaii the first part of July and my BFF from back home is coming out here the end of July and then I'll be back to Texas and visit Iowa in August. Sure, I'm busy, but if I could have Grayson here with me or Nate here with me, or better yet both of them at the same time, I'd trade all the traveling in the world to have my family whole again. I love them both so much.
Anyway, enough of that sad monologue. Our Saturday is going to be filled with cleaning, INSANITY, hopefully a little computer chat with the worlds best husband, and Grayson and I are going to have a movie night.
Happy Saturday everyone.
No comments:
Post a Comment